RECTECH STUDENT INTERNSHIPS | SUMMER 2014
Thank you for your interest in applying to this summer’s RecTech Internships. At the completion of program and program requirements, interns become eligible to receive a $599 stipend and service learning credits. Please read all the information provided below and contact us with any questions you may have.
We are looking for:
• Participants who are self-motivated, punctual, enthusiastic, open-minded and willing to work with others.
• Participants will work safely, think positively, and put forth their best effort.
• Participants who attend all scheduled workshops, field trips and activities. Attendance is mandatory at all scheduled activities. Any intern who misses a meeting or presentation without prior notice forfeits his/her position. If for some reason an intern is running late or is absent from a scheduled day, the student is required to contact the site leader. IF YOU THINK YOU WILL MISS MORE THAN 2 SCHEDULED ACTIVITIES BECAUSE OF SPORTS OR OTHER PERSONAL ENGAGEMENTS, PLEASE DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS PROGRAM. Be sure to review the dates and times of your program to ensure it fits your schedule.
• be 14-18 years of age (14-19 years old for South Park and Delridge);
• be enrolled in high school during the 2014-15 school year or graduated in 2014;
• have skills in computer and Internet basics and common software applications or desire to learn these skills; and
• demonstrate good interpersonal skills including verbal communication and the desire to work with others.
The Application Process… includes Interviews
Please answer all questions in the application form completely. If you have any questions, please call or email the contact person on the application. We will not review incomplete applications.
Based on the applications we receive, a group of candidates will be chosen and invited to an interview. The interview will be your opportunity to shine and to tell us anything we might not have learned from your application. Our interviewers will ask you question about yourself, your experience, and your interest in becoming a RecTech Intern. You will want to arrive prepared, energized, and on time.
Download the application here: RECTECH SUMMER INTERNSHIP 2014
Please turn in completed applications to your program of choice: JUNE 13, 2014 BY 5 PM
- Delridge Community Center – 4501 Delridge Way SW | Contact: Leslie Howle
- South Park Community Center – 8319 8th Ave S | Contact: Lovely-Frances Domingo
- Rainier Community Center – 4600 38th Ave S | Contact: Jaycee Coleman
- Rainier Beach Community Center – 8825 Rainier Ave S | Contact: Tiffany Bigham